High School Application Process
- Students must be US citizens or non-citizen permanent residents.
- Students must be enrolled in a Maine high school, although limited nominations are accepted from non-Maine students.
- Students must have completed their sophomore, junior, or senior year of high school, and must be at least 16 years old by June 1.
- Students must have completed at least one semester of biology, chemistry, and mathematics. Students interested in bioinformatics or computational biology must demonstrate some experience with programming, and the biology requirement may be waived.
Students must receive a faculty nomination to apply to this program. Nomination forms must be received and approved by the Education Office by the stated deadline. Members of the Education Office will contact all nominated students to initiate a full application.
Nominations are now open for the 2015 summer session.
Students/parents: do not wait to be nominated. If you are interested in this program, please give your teacher a copy of the nomination form and ask them to nominate you. You are encouraged to discuss the program with your teacher as he/she may be able to offer important advice or suggestions.
- Students must be nominated to apply to this program.
- Nominated students will receive an application packet by email.
- The application form and all required application materials (transcript, teacher recommendation, written responses) must be submitted on or before the application deadline.
MDI Biological Laboratory
PO Box 35
Salisbury Cove, ME 04672
207 288-9880 ext 102
education [at] mdibl [dot] org